Skip to main content
Free California Judiciary Branch Resources
- Briefs- LA Law Library: "The California Appellate Brief materials at The LA Law Library are the most complete print collection in the State. In collaboration with LLMC Digital, the LA Law Library is digitizing this collection for online access. The digitization project has created an online repository of more than 240,000 recent California Appellate Briefs."
- California Courts Website: Website of the judicial branch of California. Site includes free access to appellate court slip opinions, legal forms, court rules, and self-help materials.
- California Directory - Local Rules of Court: Links and PDFs to the local rules of court for California superior courts.
- California Jury Instructions (California Courts website)
- California Rules of Court: Rules of Courts in California, provided in pdf format. Includes local rules and a section about new and amended rules.
- FindLaw has opinions of the U.S. Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, some state supreme courts, and federal trial, courts, and boards. It includes California Supreme Court slip opinions issued since 1996.
- You can also search California cases on Google Scholar.