Another option you may choose is subscribing to a lower-cost legal research service such as VersusLaw, Loislaw, FastCase and PACER.
Access to the various contents of these databases may depend on the plan type to which you subscribe.
- Federal and State cases
- State source materials
- Federal specialty practice courts
- Current versions of the U.S. Code and Code of Federal Regulations.
- Primary Law
- Aspen Treatise Library
- Primary law from all 50 states
- Federal coverage starting at 1st volume
- Newspaper archive
- Legal forms
- PACER search of federal filings
- Federal Dockets
- 10 cents per page, based on number of pages that result from each search
- 30-page cap for documents and case-specific reports (e.g., docket report, creditor listing, claims register).
- Fees are waived when usage is less than $15 for the quarter
- May not have historical coverage