LawInfoChina: Also known as ChinaLawInfo, or Beida Fabao, or pkulaw.cn. This database Includes Chinese laws, regulations and cases in Chinese (Chinalawinfo) and in English/Chinese (Lawinfochina).
English Language Subscriber Services:
LawInfoChina is the English language database maintained by The Legal Information Center of Peking University. It includes the most important and typical legal documents—chosen to reflect current and predicted trends in Chinese legal practice. Also contains editorially enhanced versions of select cases, including the case background, facts, parties, trial and appellate court procedure, reasoning and law application, and the court decision. Select laws and regulations are available.
Note: If you have difficulty accessing the LawInfoChina database, click "IP Login" at the top of page. If the "IP Login" link doesn't work, then try switching browsers. (Chrome and Firefox tend to work better than Internet Explorer.)
Chinese Language Subscriber Services
- Advanced search -- Search by keyword, topic, issuing authority, and date. (*The default search is Title, so click the radio button to SEARCH FULL-TEXT.)
- Law Journals - Contains full text of several leading Chinese law journals and searchable title listings for many other prominent law journals. (Some information in Chinese only).
- Laws & Regulations - Contains thousands of laws, regulations, rules, judicial interpretations, local regulations, and local rules in more than 50 areas of law, from 1949 to the present.
- Law Yearbook of China - Recaps developments in the China’s legal system on issues such as lawmaking, law enforcement, legal education, and legal research.
- Legal News - Contains important legal news from 2000 to the present.
- Judicial Cases - English translations of representative judicial decisions approved and published by the Supreme People's Court or the Supreme People's Procuratorate. Subject areas include administrative law, civil law, criminal law, economic law, intellectual property law, and maritime law.
- Gazettes - Official government publications containing regulations and related explanations, reports, deliberations, speeches, circulars, and notices. (Titles Only).
- Overview of the Chinese legal system - Contains detailed explanations of the Chinese legal system and government institutions.
- Treaties - Includes international treaties including all currently effective tax treaties the Chinese government has entered into with foreign governments (including the Hong Kong SAR).
- White Papers - The White Papers database contains all policy papers drafted and published by the central government since 1991.