Skip to main content
State and Local Materials
- Findlaw contains resources and links for state laws.
- Justia provides access to state codes.
- Municipal Codes (Coded Systems LLC): Publisher of local codes and other municipal government documents such as city council minutes for selected locations.
- Municipal Codes (Sterling Codifiers): A collection of state municipal codes by Sterling Codifiers, that includes a search feature.
- Municode Library: An interactive map links to municipal codes in the 50 States and U.S. Territories, organized alphabetically by county name.
- Open States (State Law Tracking): A Sunlight Academy project, this website contains a collection of search tools that aggregate information about United States and its territories. Information includes data on bills, legislators, committees and events, and is collected from official sources.
- THOMAS State Legislature Websites: An interactive map links to state legislature websites. The legislature websites host official state government information which may include primary documents such as online codes, bills, resolutions and public laws, as well as links to state agencies and other government bodies
- State Legislative History Research Guides: An interactive map links to available state research guides. Hosted by the University of Indiana at Bloomington's Law School.
- State Legislatures (NCSL.org): A database of the fifty state legislatures, as well as the District of Columbia and the Territories. Content includes bills, statutes, live online sites, press room content, program evaluations, and children's page.