Lexis Advance: International & Comparative Law
Lexis Advance is not the strongest resource for international law research, but it does provide access to U.S. cases addressing international law issues, a lot of articles covering international and comparative law, and a number of good secondary sources.
International law material available on Lexis can be found by:
- Select "Practice Area or Industry" tab
- Select "International Law"
OR try the browse feature:
- Select "Browse"
- Select "Sources"
- Select "By Practice Area"
- Select "International Law" to view sources such as:
Westlaw: International & Comparative Law
Westlaw contains a limited number of resources covering international and comparative law.
Cases, Documents, Treaties:
- U.S. cases dealing with international law issues
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Department of State documents
- United States Treaties and Other International Agreements
- United States Treaties in Force
- United States Immigration Administrative Decisions
- International Court of Justice
- International Legal Materials
Treatises & Practice Guides:
The best resources with legal analysis of international and comparative law will be located by selecting the "International Materials" link and then "Treatises". You will also find about 75 Multi-National Treatises. These multi-national treatises may be your best resource available on Westlaw. Each multi-national compilation includes analysis arranged by country. Examples include:
Westlaw - Practical Law:
The Practical Law resources on Westlaw offer a rich collection of up-to-date in-depth content including Practice Notes, Standard Documents and Clauses, Checklists, Toolkits, Legal Updates, Country-by-Country Legal Research Guidance, Country Comparison Tools, and Subject Specific Practice Resources.
There are several ways to locate international and comparative law resources using Practical Law:
Bloomberg Law & Bloomberg BNA:
Bloomberg Law contains a limited amount of legal analysis of international legal issues mostly focusing on business law. But the database does include excellent news and current awareness resources
Bloomberg Law provides access to the Bloomberg BNA International Trade Reporter:
Bloomberg Law also provides access to: