Skip to main content
Japanese Law Research Guide
News & Blogs
Search this Guide
Japanese Law Research Guide: News & Blogs
Resources for researching Japanese legal issues and topics.
News & Blogs
Lexis, Westlaw & Bloomberg
Other Online Sources of Law
Japanese Law by Subject
Research Guides & Legal Citation
Legal System & Statistics
Legal News and Blogs
Japanese Law and the Asia-Pacific
Japanese Law in Asia-Pacific Socio-Economic Context. Blog by
Prof. Luke Nottage
(University of Sydney Law School).
Australian Network of Japanese Law (ANJeL)
Promotes scholarly engagement with Japanese law.
Japanese Law Blog
News from 2008-2012 about Japanese law. Edited by Marcelo De Alcantara, Associate Professor at Ochanomizu University, Japan.
Public Statement and Opinion Papers
From the Japan Federation of Bar Associations (JFBA)
From the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan (ACCJ)
. . .
General & Business News
- Second most circulated national newspaper in Japan.
Foreign Press Center, Japan
- Independent non-profit news source available in English & Japanese..
- The most popular English-language Japanese daily newspaper. Also available on
- Independent English language newspaper published in Japan. Also available on
- A national daily Japanese news source. [Twitter
Nikkei Asian Review
- Asian business news by region. Additional articles on
World News Connection
- Historical news from 1993 to 2013. English translations from original news source.
Business and Economic News
Bloomberg BNA International Trade Reporter
Current information on developments impacting trade and international business policies (organized by country).
East Asia Forum: Japan
- Economics, Politics and Public Policy in East Asia and the Pacific.
Japan Corporate News Network
Includes annual industry reports.
. . .
Japan Law Podcasts
- Discusses innovation and start-ups in Japan (2014-2016).
Japan Upholds Surname Law In Name Of Culture
- NPR (Dec. 20, 2015)
Japan's New Security Cooperation in Counter-Piracy Missions
- Professor Wilhelm Vosse (Jun. 22, 2015)
Cultural Diversity and the Law: From the Perspective of Cultural Policy
- Prof. Ryu Kojima, Kyushu University (Jan. 22, 2014)
Japan's Immigration Policy 1999-2008: Discrepancy between Comprehensive Debate and Partial Reforms
- Prof. David Chiavacci, University of Zurich (Mar. 9, 2012)
The New Japanese "Citizen Jury" System in Criminal Cases
- Washington College of Law at American University. Speaker: Takashi Maruta (Mar. 20, 2009)
The Japan Considered Podcast
- Commentary on Japan’s domestic politics and foreign relations: Dr. Robert C. Angel (2005-2009).
Japan's Activist Courts
- UCLA International Institute: Prof. Frank Upham (Feb 22, 2008)
Conversations with History: Militarism and the American Empire
- UC Berkeley Webcast. Speaker: Chalmers Johnson President, Japan Policy Research Institute and Emeritus Professor of Political Science, UC San Diego. (Jan. 29, 2004)
. . .
Nov 15, 2017 1:03 PM
Login to LibApps
Foreign & Comparative Law