Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Free California Legislative Branch Resources
- California Assembly Clerk Archive: Site includes PDFs of California's Statutes and Amendments to the Code for most of the years from 1850 through 2008, as well as the Assembly Journals from 1849 through 2008, and the Final Histories from 1881 through 2008.
- California Ballot Propositions and Initiatives: PDF images of California Ballot Propositions (1911-2012) and California Ballot Initiatives (1912-2000).
- California State Assembly: The official website of the California State Assembly. Contains information on legislation, committee files, Assembly members' websites and expenditure information, and links to government resources.
- California State Senate: California Senate information for Senators, committees, calendar, publications, offices and caucuses. Includes a citizen's guide and audio and TV transmissions.
- California Statutes 1993-Present: California session laws, searchable by chapter number or keyword.
- California Legislative Information: Free online resource for California bill information, the California Code, and California legislative history materials. Maintained by the Legislative Counsel of California.
- California Law Revision Commission: The Commission is an independent state agency created by statute in 1953. It assists the Legislature and Governor by examining California law and issuing reports recommending needed reforms.
- California Senate Office of Research: Contains reports, studies and other publications, prepared by nonpartisan consultants to assist senators with the development of effective public policy.