Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
English Language Chinese Law Blogs & Posts
- China Blawg - By Lehman, Lee & Xu, China's third largest, corporate commercial law firm.
- China Collection - <RECOMMENDED SITE> A group blog focusing mainly on modern China — more specifically, law, politics, economics, and finance in the mainland People’s Republic of China. Bloggers include Donald Clarke (law), Nicholas Howson (law), Carl Minzner (law), and Barry Naughton (economics). This site is a replacement for Prof Clarke's “Chinese Law Prof Blog“. (There is a corresponding email listserv called Chinalaw List.)
- ChinaFile - An online resource by the Center on U.S.-China Relations at Asia Society, includes original reporting and analysis across a wide spectrum of topics including a section on law.
- China Law & Policy - Focuses on legal development and reform in China.
- China Law Blog: China Law for Business - By U.S. based international lawyer Dan Harris and Steve Dickinson, an international lawyer based in China.
- China Law Translate - User generated translations of legal news and laws
- China Legal Blog - Aggregated China Law Information. This allows you to look at several china law blogs at once.
- China-U.S. Trade Law - Archived commentary (2009-2016) on trade disputes between the U.S. and China (BakerHostetler LLP)
- Chinese Law and Politics Blog - Covers 2007-2013 posts by Prof Carl Minzner (Fordham Law School). See Twitter updates.
- IP DRAGON - Established by Danny Friedmann in 2005 to share information about intellectual property in China.
- Reddit: China Law
- Twitter: | China Business Blog | China Digital Times | ChinaEconomicReview | ChinaFile | China Law & Policy | China Media Project | The China Story | THE EIU China | US-China Perception Monitor |
Legal News and Current Awareness
- Bloomberg Law - U.S. China trade law news.
- China.org - Broad access to up-to-date news about China, with searchable texts of government position papers and a wealth of basic information about Chinese history, politics, economics, and culture. It is also one of the major authorized government portal sites in China and publishes a well-organized directory to search Chinese government agencies and to locate Chinese laws.
- ChinaFile: Law - Original coverage of developments in Chinese law from the Center on U.S.-China Relations at Asia Society.
- China Today - A China information portal focusing on the Chinese law and justice system.
- China Digital Times - Legal news section
- JunHe LLP: Legal Updates - A summary of newly promulgated laws, regulations, and judicial interpretations.
- Westlaw China - Select the "Current Awareness" tab, and 1) search or 2) browse by time period, subject, or category.
China Law and News Podcasts
Individual Podcast Episodes:
Other China News
- BBC News - Coverage of China.
- China.com - Daily news links about business, tourism, history, culture, education, and health.
- China Financial Markets China’s financial and monetary links to the world - by Michael Pettis, Professor at Peking University’s Guanghua School of Management.
- China Daily - Latest news and background information on China.
- China Digital Times - Online news aggregator complies commentary from around the world about China.
- Financial Times: China - Commentary and analysis on China’s economy, society and global impact.
- Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS) Reports - English translations from original Chinese news sources by FBIS covering 1974-1996. (See World News Connection link below for 1993 to 2013).
- Google News - Chinese language version of Google News.
- Lexis: News - Search news by Region, Country, or Topic
- People's Daily Online - The "official" newspaper online. Includes the constitution.
- Wall Street Journal:
- Westlaw: News - Search International News or Asia News or China News.
- World News Connection - English translations by the Foreign Broadcast Information Service (FBIS) from original news sources covering 1993 to 2013. WNC is a highly recommended resource for researchers interested in getting good translations of original broadcast and print news. It is for historical research since the WNC service was discontinued in 2013. The advantage to the WNC files is that most of them are translations of sources from the original Chinese. Because the English language Xinhua and China Daily articles are intended for a foreign audience, the news is different and researchers looking for more reliable news sources tend to give original Chinese articles (or translations of) greater weight.