Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Click "I AGREE" to accept the User Agreement and get UC Hastings access.
Westlaw China offers extensive bilingual coverage of: PRC laws / State Council administrative regulations, rules and orders / Local regulations and rules from various municipalities and provinces / Judicial interpretations from the Supreme People’s Court and the Supreme People’s Procuratorate / China’s WTO Accession Documentation.
- Articles—Westlaw China currently includes more than 2,500 articles in English.
- Case Headnote—Available in both Chinese and English. Case headnotes are linked to both the applicable legal issue and the full text judgment (only available in Chinese). Contains more than 4,500 case headnotes in English.
- Current Awareness—Current Awareness content is updated several times a day with the latest legal and business news. Information is summarized from original sources each day including adopted legislation, books & journals, commentaries, courts and cases, government policies, law firm bulletins, news, proposed legislation and statistics. You can search by keyword or topic. Current Awareness alerts are available.
- Journals & Books—Access to a very limited collection of articles and books,
- Laws & Regulations—English translations of more than 20,000 important laws, regulations and international treaties.
- Legal Topics—More than 7,000 documents are organized by legal topic using the West Key Number System to facilitate more effective legal research.
- Model Contracts— Access more than 250 model contracts in English.
- Practice Areas—Access content from the following fields: Competition Law, Energy, Labor and Social Security.
- Legal Glossary—Database currently contains English translations of more than 6,500 Chinese legal terms and expressions.
- Westlaw China (Chinese Language Database)—Contains a much more extensive collection of the laws, cases, journals and articles. For example there are more than 1 million laws & regulations and more than 2 million cases.
The TWO BEST SOURCES of Chinese legal information on Westlaw are:
- International Materials
- Practical Law
NOTE: You may get better search results by going to each of these sections of Westlaw instead of using the Westlaw global search box.
Go to the International Materials link to search or browse the best China law resources available in Westlaw.
International Materials > International Materials: Other > China
The Practical Law resources on Westlaw offer a rich collection of up-to-date in-depth content including Practice Notes, Standard Documents and Clauses, Checklists, Toolkits, Legal Updates, Country-by-Country Legal Research Guidance, Country Comparison Tools, and Subject Specific Practice Resources.
There are several ways to locate Chinese legal resources in Practical Law:
Here are some other ways to navigate Practical Law: