Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Lexis - Research Basics
Lexis: International Environmental Law
Lexis has limited resources for providing legal analysis of international environmental law issues.
Some of the best Lexis international environmental law resources include:
Westlaw - International Law Research Basics
Westlaw: International Environmental Law
Westlaw contains a limited number of resources covering international environmental law..
- News sources - Find news articles on international and environmental law
- Secondary Sources > Law Reviews and Journals
- Filter by Topic > International Law
- Filter by Topic > Energy & Environment journals
- International Materials > Select "Treatises"
- Includes nearly 100 full-text Multi-National Legal Treatises. There is a treatise covering international environmental law and several covering business aspects of environmental law: Each multi-national compilation includes analysis arranged by country. Examples include:
- Comparative Environmental Law & Regulation
- American Law Reports - International
- Digest of Commercial Laws of the World
- International Trade Practice
- Law of Transnational Business Transactions
- Litigating International Torts in U.S. Courts
- Litigation of International Disputes in U.S. Courts
- New Directions in the Law of the Sea
- Transnational Contracts
Westlaw - Practical Law
Westlaw - Practice Oriented Resources:
From the Westlaw main page you can select Practical Law to search additional resources.
Practical Law offers a rich collection of up-to-date in-depth business law and litigation content including Practice Notes, Standard Documents and Clauses, Checklists, Toolkits, Legal Updates, Country-by-Country Legal Research Guides, Country Comparison Tools, and Subject Specific Practice Resources.
There are several ways to locate international environmental law resources in Practical Law:
Bloomberg Law / Bloomberg BNA - Research Basics
Bloomberg Law & Bloomberg BNA:
Bloomberg Law contains a limited amount of legal analysis of international environmental law. But the database does include excellent news resources and current awareness reports
Several ways to find Bloomberg BNA international environmental law resources:
- All Legal Content Search > Select Content Type
- All Legal Content Search > Select Global Jurisdiction
- Practice Centers > Environmental & Safety
- Secondary Sources > Browse BNA Manuals
- Secondary Sources > Browse Law Reviews & Journals
- Secondary Sources > Search Reference Materials
- News > BNA Law Reports (by topic or by title)
- Resources include:
Bloomberg Law also provides access to the Bloomberg BNA International Trade Reporter
- News about international trade.
- Includes trade information by country - Select the All Countries link.
- The weekly report service provides comprehensive, current information on developments affecting the trade and international business policies of the US and major US trading partners. It includes the latest news and trends in US trade policy, including regulatory, legislative, and judicial developments, activities of the International Trade Commission, World Trade Organization, and Departments of State, Treasury & Commerce.