Skip to main content
Team Edit Procedures
Team Edit Procedures:
- Because library materials and space are meant to be shared, you should be organized and ready to proceed in a timely manner before you begin the team edit.
- Identify your journal's assigned work space within the designated shelving area at the north (Golden Gate Avenue) end of the 5th floor.
- All books should be checked out to the journal if they are to remain in your work area. Material from the 4th floor may NOT be left on your 5th floor shelves and should be re-shelved on the 4th floor. This is to ensure that these items are on the shelves for everyone to use.
- Use interlibrary loan (ILL) to request items that are not available at UC Hastings. See the Interlibrary Loan page for instructions. Be sure to plan ahead, as it can take 4 weeks for items to arrive from other libraries. If items are available at a nearby library (i.e., UC Berkeley or San Francisco Public Library), it may be more expedient for journal members to travel to that library.
- State codes, case reports, and other primary materials available electronically through Westlaw or Lexis may NOT be requested through ILL.
- Once an item arrives from the lending library, the item will be kept at the Circulation Desk. You will need to leave some form of ID to borrow the material. ILL items are for library use only.
- Materials may not be kept in your reserved work area indefinitely. The library reserves the right to re-shelve material that has been on your shelves for an undue length of time, or that has not been checked out.
- When you have completed your team edit, return all materials to the Circulation Desk and dispose of any Westlaw/Lexis printouts.
- You may borrow a book cart for pulling materials and/or returning materials to the Circulation Desk. You will be asked to leave some form of ID at the desk while you are using a book cart.
- Please contact the Library if you have any questions regarding these procedures.